Apex.OS abstracts complexity of underlying hardware,
middleware, kernel, interfaces, and drivers into simple to use,
robust, reliable, safe, secure APIs.
Apex.OS is a fork of ROS 2 that has been made real-time, reliable, and deterministic so that it can be used in safety-critical applications.
Apex.OS is developed in sync with future releases of ROS 2 and APIs stay compatible to ROS 2.
Apex.OS is being certified according to the automotive functional safety standard ISO 26262 as a Safety Element out of Context (SEooC) up to ASIL D.
Apex.OS addresses all safety-critical mobility applications
Automated Passenger Cars
01. First class C and C++ APIs for application developers, which are compatible to ROS 2.
02. Hardware SOC abstraction, runs on x86 and ARM, freedom of choice of SOC.
03. Middleware abstraction, simplifies use of complex middleware interfaces.
04. Automotive production code quality through elimination of all unsafe code constructs.
05. Hard real-time execution and real-time logging of data.
06. Fully deterministic software execution.
07. System safety enabled through managed nodes with lifecycle management.
08. System security through HSM support, process level security, encryption, authentication.
09. Complete documentation including examples, tutorials, design articles.
10. Support for automotive hardware, i.e. ECUs and automotive sensors.
11. Functional safety certification (ISO 26262, SEooC, up to ASIL D).
12. Fully tested: complete line, branch, and condition coverage, integration tests.
13. Awesome Development Environment and Tools (software developers ♥ it).
14. 24/7 customer support.